One of the biggest challenges in giving nutritional advice is dealing with our current fat-phobic mindset. There are a host of myths that are perpetuated in the nutritional world, such as:
- Eating fat makes you fat
- Eating fat raises your cholesterol
- High cholesterol causes heart disease
- Saturated fat is unhealthy
- Saturated fat clogs your arteries
The Power of Fat
When people make the switch from their low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets to high-protein, high-fat, low-carbohydrate diets they can regain their health. Eating foods from The GetFit Program can be transformative; leading to enhanced energy levels, decreased body fat and improved health.
Not All Fats are Created Equal
Meats, seafood, poultry, eggs, avocados, coconuts, olives, nuts, grass-fed butter, ghee and olive oil are all examples of healthy fats. Examples of unhealthy fats include: corn oil, margarine, soybean oil, canola oil, cottonseed oils, trans-fats (all found in processed foods that are frequently part of a low-fat diet). We emphasize fats found in natural, unprocessed foods. We avoid processed fats/oils as they are damaging to our health and nutritionally depleted.
14 Reasons You Should Eat More Fat
1. Fat offers an excellent fuel source that the body prefers to burn for energy–during rest and exercise– especially when we lower our carbohydrate intake. Fats provide the cells with a slow-burning, consistent energy source.
2. Fat improves the health of the cell membranes, making cells strong and efficient. Fats are also used by the body for cellular repair.
3. Fat is nutrient-dense. For example, the all-important fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) are found in healthy fats. We need fat in our diets to utilize the fat-soluble vitamins that are pivotal to the health of all our organs.
4. Healthy fats reduce inflammation. Lowering inflammation slows aging, enhances cell energy production and improves performance.
5. Eating fats actually helps us burn fat and decrease overall body fat levels.
6. Eating healthy fats contributes to satiety and significantly reduces cravings so we’re less likely to overeat.
7. Consuming fats helps balance blood sugar and insulin levels, helping the body prevent and reverse Type-2 diabetes.
8. Fats fortify and support our immune system.
9. Fats enhance brain function and mental health.
10. Fats are building blocks for hormones.
11. Fats are full of powerful antioxidants.
12. Animal fats provide health-promoting cholesterol to the body. Cholesterol is part of all cell’s structure and function.
13. Fat adds immense flavor to foods.
14. Most healthy fat sources provide complete proteins to the body.
One thought on “14 Reasons You Should Eat More Fat”
Thank you Frank